February 26, 2010
February 25, 2010
February 24, 2010
Sméagol (Gollum) is a single, 587 year old, hobbit-like male of no fixed abode. He has presented with antisocial behaviour, increasing aggression, and preoccupation with the “one ring.”… …His forensic history consists of Deagol’s murder and the attempted murder of Samwise Gamgee. He has no history of substance misuse, although like many young hobbits he smoked “pipe weed” in adolescence....
Several differential diagnoses need to be considered, and we should exclude organic causes for his symptoms. A space occupying lesion such as a brain tumour is unlikely as his symptoms are long standing. Gollum’s diet is extremely limited, consisting only of raw fish. Vitamin B-12 deficiency may cause irritability, delusions, and paranoia. His reduced appetite and loss of hair and weight may be associated with iron deficiency anaemia. He is hypervigilant and does not seem to need much sleep. This, accompanied by his bulging eyes and weight loss, suggests hyperthyroidism. Gollum’s dislike of sunlight may be due to the photosensitivity of porphyria. Attacks may be induced by starvation and accompanied by paranoid psychosis....
Gollum displays pervasive maladaptive behaviour that has been present since childhood with a persistent disease course. His odd interests and spiteful behaviour have led to difficulty in forming friendships and have caused distress to others. He fulfils seven of the nine criteria for schizoid personality disorder (ICD F60.1), and, if we must label Gollum’s problems, we believe that this is the most likely diagnosis.
February 23, 2010
February 22, 2010
You might have a bathroom in your house you rarely use. Chances are, if your a parent, this bathroom is the hovel of your beloved children. When I say rarely use, I mean that in the fullest sense of the word. You might jump in for a biological need here and there and ponder the inability to keep the counter clean, but thats all.
February 21, 2010
February 20, 2010
February 18, 2010
February 17, 2010
February 16, 2010
I'm serious about that. She has actually caught Olympic fever. Every freaking time I reach for the remote, she snarls at me like a zombie from Resident Evil.
I keep a shotgun nearby just in case.
Anyway, we were watching some of the events today when a thought struck me.
No, this is not about the luge. Even I'm not that bad.
We were watching the biathlon (which does not involve the sexually confused young women I had expected) in which competitors have to cross country ski and then shoot at targets. They get ten bullets and have to hit ten targets.
How in the hell could you lose this event?
Let's imagine that you're in second place. You're getting close to the finish line and it looks like you don't have time to catch up. All is lost, right?
Oh, wait... You've got a gun.
I'd just shoot the guy ahead of me. Pop, pop, and I'm the winner.
Now, I'm not suggesting I'd kill the guy. That's just plain crazy.
But hit him in the back of the knee or spine or whatever and that gold medal is all yours.
Unless the guy behind you has a bullet left.
February 15, 2010
February 14, 2010
- Begin in Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra.
- Pamuya the Elder can be found in Warsong Hold.
- Sardis the Elder is just outside the Alliance city of Valiance Keep.
- Travel to the DEHTA Encampment for Arp the Elder.
- Go to Amber Ledge then fly to Transitus Shield where you will find Northal the Elder.
- Enter The Nexus and find Igasho the Elder. He is located near Ormorock the Tree-Shaper.
- Fly to the Agmar’s Hammer and find Skywarden the Elder.
- Go to the Alliance town of Star’s Rest in Dragonblight. In this area you’ll find Morthie the Elder.
- Enter the Azjol’Nerub instance and find Nurgen the Elder. He can be found just after the second boss after you fall through the hole.
- Fly to Moa’ki Harbor in Dragonblight and speak with Thoim the Elder.
- Fly to New Agamand in Howling Fjord and enter Utgarde Keep to find Jarten the Elder. He is beyond the first boss but before the second.
- Enter Utgarde Pinnacle and find Chogan’gada the Elder. He is under the stairs after Skadi the Ruthless.
- Fly to Camp Oneqwah in Grizzly Hills and find Whurain the Elder.
- Travel eastward to the Ruins of Tethys on the shoreline and talk to Lunaro the Elder.
- Go northwest to the Alliance town of Westfall Brigade Encampment and talk to Beldak the Elder.
- Fly to Gundrak in Zul’Drak and enter the instance on heroic mode. Find Ohanzee the Elder in the same area as Eck the Ferocious.
- Fly to Zim’Torga in Zul’Drak and speak with Tauros the Elder.
- Fly to Light’s Breach and go south to enter Drak’tharon and find Kilias the Elder inside King Dred's pen.
- Fly to K3 in the Storm Peaks and talk to Graymane the Elder.
- Fly to Camp Taunka’lo and find Muraco the Elder.
- Travel to the Alliance town of Frosthold and find Fargal the Elder.
- Fly to Ulduar and enter the Halls of Stone and find Yurauk the Elder in Krystallus' area.
- Fly to Bouldercrag’s Refuge and speak with Stonebeard the Elder.
- Fly to River’s Heart in Sholazzar Basin to talk to Sandrene the Elder.
- Just north of River’s Heart is Rainspeaker Rapids where you’ll find Wanikaya the Elder.
- Travel up into Wintergrasp and find Bluewolf the Elder inside Wintergrasp Fortress. Note that your faction needs to control Wintergrasp.
- **Elders of Northrend Complete!**
- Fly to Dalaran and take the portal to the Caverns of Time.
- Travel to Gadgetzan in Tanaris and talk to Dreamseer the Elder.
- Go to the Mirage Raceway in Thousand Needles and speak with Morningdew the Elder.
- Go back to Tanaris and enter the Zul’Farrak instance where you’ll find Wildmane the Elder in Gahzrilla’s area.
- Ragetotem the Elder can be found in Southern Tanaris at the Valley of Watchers.
- Travel to the Slithering Scar in southern Un’goro Crater to find Thunderhorn the Elder.
- Fly to Cenarion Hold in Silithus and speak with Bladesing the Elder.
- Travel to the northwest corner of the zone, the Crystal Vale, where you will find Primestone the Elder.
- Fly to Freewind Post in Thousand Needles and find Skyseer the Elder.
- Fly to Camp Mojache in Feralas and go north to Lariss Pavilion where you will find Grimtotem the Elder.
- Travel to Dire Maul in Feralas and find Mistwalker the Elder. Note that she is NOT inside the instances. She is inside the sub-zone.
- Fly to Shadowprey Village in Desolace then travel to Maraudon. Enter the instance and locate Splitrock the Elder, in the tunnel between Rotgrip & the Goblin.
- Fly to Thunder Bluff and speak with Elder Ezra Wheathoof on the Elder Rise.
- Travel to Bloodhoof Village to find Bloodhoof the Elder.
- Fly to Camp Taraujo in the Barrens and talk to High Mountain the Elder.
- Fly to Ratchet and find Windtotem the Elder.
- Head to the Crossroads and speak with Moonwarden the Elder.
- Travel to Razor Hill in Durotar and talk to Runetotem the Elder.
- Travel to Orgrimmar and find Darkhorn the Elder in the Valley of Wisdom.
- Speak with a Lunar Festival Emissary and get the quest The Lunar Festival.
- Then go turn in to a Lunar Festival Harbinger to turn in.
- From the same NPC, get the quest Lunar Fireworks.
- Festival Firecrackers can be purchased from the Lunar Festival Vendor in any major city. Purchase 10 and throw them as fast as you can. **Frenzied Firecracker Complete!**
- Red Rocket Clusters are purchased from the Lunar Festival Vendor in any major city. Purchase 10 and use a nearby launcher to fire them off as fast as you can. **The Rocket’s Red Glare Complete!**
- Complete and turn in the quest Lunar Fireworks if you haven’t already.
- Get the quest Valadar Starsong.
- Purchase 20 Green Rocket Clusters from the Lunar Festival Vendor.
- Take the Zeppelin to Grom’gol Base Camp in Stranglethorn Vale then go to Zul’Gurub just outside the instance and speak with Starglade the Elder.
- Travel to Booty Bay and talk to Winterhoof the Elder.
- Fly to Stonard in the Swamp of Sorrows and enter the Temple of Atal’Hakkar. Take the spiral staircase on the left and hug the left wall until you locate Starsong the Elder.
- Travel to the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands where you will find Bellowrage the Elder.
- Travel to the Alliance town of Sentinel Hill in Westfall and find Skychaser the Elder.
- Travel to the Alliance town of Goldshire in Elwynn Forest and talk to Stormbrow the Elder.
- Enter the Alliance Major City of Stormwind and find Hammershout the Elder in The Park.
- Fly to Flame Crest in Burning Steppes and talk to Dawnstrider the Elder.
- Rumblerock the Elder can be found in Dreadmaul Rock.
- Travel into Blackrock Mountain. Enter the Blackrock Spire instance and find Stonefort the Elder after the first rope bridge in the Lower side of the instance.
- Enter the Blackrock Depths instance where you will find Morndeep the Elder in the Ring of Law.
- Travel northward into Searing Gorge to the Blackchar Cave where you will find Ironband the Elder.
- Fly to Kargath and travel to the Alliance town of Thelsamar in Loch Modan. Speak with Silvervein the Elder.
- Travel to the Alliance town of Kharanos in Dun Morogh and speak with Goldwell the Elder.
- Enter the Alliance Major City of Ironforge and talk to Bronzebeard the Elder in the Mystic Ward.
- Fly to Revantusk Village in the Hinterlands then head westward to the Creeping Ruins where you’ll find Highpeak the Elder.
- Go north to the island of Caer Darrow in Western Plaguelands to speak with Moonstrike the Elder.
- Travel to the Weeping Cave in Western Plaguelands and find Meadowrun the Elder.
- Go to the Eastern Plaguelands and enter the Stratholme instance and find Farwhisper the Elder in Festival Lane.
- **Elders of the Dungeons Complete!**
- Travel to the Crown Guard Tower and talk to Windrun the Elder.
- Continue on to Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands and speak with Snowcrown the Elder.
- Fly to the Undercity and find Darkcore the Elder in the center area near the bank.
- **Elders of the Horde Complete!**
- Travel to Brill in Tirisfal Glades and talk to Graveborn the Elder.
- Fly to the Sepulcher and talk to Obsidian the Elder.
- **Elders of Eastern Kingdoms Complete!**
- Use your Lunar Festival Invitation to teleport to Moonglade then go turn in your quest.
- Get the quest Elune’s Blessing.
- Travel to the Stormrage Barrow Dens (65, 65). Use your green rocket clusters in the rocket launchers and target Omen Minions. Eventually, you will get Omen to spawn. He’s a big, white, two-headed hound. You do not need to tag him first and you do not have to be in the same raid or group in order to get Elune’s Blessing for killing Omen. You only need to be some-what near him when he goes down. Turn in the quest when complete! **Elune’s Blessing Complete!**
- You can now do quests, Festive Lunar Pants Suits or Festive Lunar Dresses, from Valadar Starsong in Moonglade for this achievement. It will cost you 5 Coins of Ancestry for each quest…which you should have already. ** Lunar Festival Finery Complete!**
- Fly to Everlook in Winterspring and find Stonespire the Elder.
- Travel to Lake Kel’Theril to the west and talk to Brightspear the Elder.
- Fly to Venom Post in Felwood then travel southward to Jaedenar where you will find Nightwind the Elder.
- Fly to Valormok in Azshara. Skygleam the Elder can be found at the Ravencrest Monument on the far southeastern tip of land.
- Fly to Zoram’gar Outpost in Ashenvale then travel to the Alliance town of Astranaar and speak with Riversong the Elder.
- Travel north to the Alliance town of Auberdine in Darkshore. Starweave the Elder is nearby.
- Sneak aboard the Alliance boat to the Alliance Major City of Darnassus. Bladeswift the Elder is in the Cenarion Enclave in Darnassus.
- **Elders of the Alliance Complete!**
- Travel to the Alliance town of Dolanaar in Teldrassil and speak with Bladeleaf the Elder. **Elders of Kalimdor Complete!**
- 50 Coins of Ancestry! You have now recieved all the possible coins from the Elders in Azeroth.
February 13, 2010
- Issue an executive order demanding that all executive branch agencies consider the impact of major federal legislation on the obesity epidemic, similar to the Environmental Justice Executive Order of 1994.
- Impose federal taxes, both sales and excise, on purchases of unhealthy foods and beverages and earmark the revenue for obesity programs.
- Prohibit and remove all commercial promotion of food in schools and educational settings receiving federal funds.
- Provide funding through the 2009 reauthorization of the federal Child Nutrition Bill to establish a garden in every school.
- Establish strict federal regulations limiting food and beverage advertising to children, including the Internet.
February 12, 2010
Biden: Petraeus ‘Dead Flat Wrong’ on Iraq
Joe Biden On Iraq: Staying Is "Killing Us"
Biden on Bush & Iraq bill: ‘We’re going to shove it down his throat’
And my favorite analysis on this:
With absolute power, Team Obama grows stupid
By: Michael Barone
Read more at the Washington Examiner: Team Obama grows stupid
February 11, 2010
International Association of Time Travelers: Members' Forum Subforum: Europe – Twentieth Century – Second World War Page 263
At 14:52:28, FreedomFighter69 wrote:
Reporting my first temporal excursion since joining IATT: have just returned from 1936 Berlin, having taken the place of one of Leni Riefenstahl's cameramen and assassinated Adolf Hitler during the opening of the Olympic Games. Let a free world rejoice!
At 14:57:44, SilverFox316 wrote:
Back from 1936 Berlin; incapacitated FreedomFighter69 before he could pull his little stunt. Freedomfighter69, as you are a new member, please read IATT Bulletin 1147 regarding the killing of Hitler before your next excursion. Failure to do so may result in your expulsion per Bylaw 223.
At 18:06:59, BigChill wrote:
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip. I did. It always gets fixed within a few minutes, what's the harm?
At 18:33:10, SilverFox316 wrote:
Easy for you to say, BigChill, since to my recollection you've never volunteered to go back and fix it. You think I've got nothing better to do?
At 10:15:44, JudgeDoom wrote:
Good news! I just left a French battlefield in October 1916, where I shot dead a young Bavarian Army messenger named Adolf Hitler! Not bad for my first time, no? Sic semper tyrannis!
At 10:22:53, SilverFox316 wrote:
Back from 1916 France I come, having at the last possible second prevented Hitler's early demise at the hands of JudgeDoom and, incredibly, restrained myself from shooting JudgeDoom and sparing us all years of correcting his misguided antics. READ BULLETIN 1147, PEOPLE!
At 15:41:18, BarracksRoomLawyer wrote:
Point of order: issues related to Hitler's service in the Bavarian Army ought to go in the World War I forum.
At 02:21:30, SneakyPete wrote:
Vienna, 1907: after numerous attempts, have infiltrated the Academy of Fine Arts and facilitated Adolf Hitler's admission to that institution. Goodbye, Hitler the dictator; hello, Hitler the modestly successful landscape artist! Brought back a few of his paintings as well, any buyers?
At 02:29:17, SilverFox316 wrote:
All right; that's it. Having just returned from 1907 Vienna where I secured the expulsion of Hitler from the Academy by means of an elaborate prank involving the Prefect, a goat, and a substantial quantity of olive oil, I now turn my attention to our newer brethren, who, despite rules to the contrary, seem to have no intention of reading Bulletin 1147 (nor its Addendum, Alternate Means of Subverting the Hitlerian Destiny, and here I'm looking at you, SneakyPete). Permit me to sum it up and save you the trouble: no Hitler means no Third Reich, no World War II, no rocketry programs, no electronics, no computers, no time travel. Get the picture?
At 02:29:49, SilverFox316 wrote:
PS to SneakyPete: your Hitler paintings aren't worth anything, schmuck, since you probably brought them directly here from 1907, which means the paint's still fresh. Freaking n00b.
At 07:55:03, BarracksRoomLawyer wrote:
Amen, SilverFox316. Although, point of order, issues relating to early 1900s Vienna should really go in that forum, not here. This has been a recurring problem on this forum.
At 18:26:18, Jason440953 wrote:
SilverFox316, you seem to know a lot about the rules; what are your thoughts on traveling to, say, Braunau, Austria, in 1875 and killing Alois Hitler before he has a chance to father Adolf? Mind you, I'm asking out of curiosity alone, since I already went and did it.
At 18:42:55, SilverFox316 wrote:
Jason440953, see Bylaw 7, which states that all IATT rulings regarding historical persons apply to ancestors as well. I post this for the benefit of others, as I already made this clear to young Jason in person as I was dragging him back from 1875 by his hair. Got that? No ancestors. (Though if anyone were to go back to, say, Moline, Illinois, in, say, 2080 or so, and intercede to prevent Jason440953's conception, I could be persuaded to look the other way.)
At 21:19:17, BarracksRoomLawyer wrote:
Point of order: discussions of nineteenth–century Austria and twenty–first–century Illinois should be confined to their respective forums.
At 15:56:41, AsianAvenger wrote:
FreedomFighter69, JudgeDoom, SneakyPete, Jason440953, you're nothing but a pack of racists. Let the light of righteousness shine upon your squalid little viper's nest!
At 16:40:17, BigTom44 wrote:
Well, here we frickin' go.
At 16:58:42, FreedomFighter69 wrote:
Racist? For killing Hitler? WTF?
At 17:12:52, SaucyAussie wrote:
AsianAvenger, you're not rehashing that whole Nagasaki issue again, are you? We just got everyone calmed down from last time.
At 17:22:37, LadyJustice wrote:
I'm with SaucyAussie. AsianAvenger, you're making even less sense than usual. What gives?
At 18:56:09, AsianAvenger wrote:
What gives is everyone's repeated insistence on a course of action which, even if successful, would only save a few million Europeans. It would be no more trouble to travel to Fuyuanshui, China, in 1814 and kill Hong Xiuquan, thus preventing the Taiping Rebellion of the mid–nineteenth century and saving fifty million lives in the process. But, hey, what are fifty million yellow devils more or less, right, guys? We've got Poles and Frenchmen to worry about.
At 19:01:38, LadyJustice wrote:
Well, what's stopping you from killing him, AsianAvenger?
At 19:11:43, AsianAvenger wrote:
Only to have SilverFox316 undo my work? What's the point?
At 19:59:23, SilverFox316 wrote:
Actually, it seems like a pretty good idea to me, AsianAvenger. No complications that I can see.
At 20:07:25, Big Chill wrote:
Go for it, man.
At 20:11:31, AsianAvenger wrote:
Very well. I shall return in mere moments, the savior of millions!
At 20:14:17, LadyJustice wrote:
Just checked the timeline; congrats on your success, AsianAvenger!
At 10:52:53, LadyJustice wrote:
At 11:41:40, SilverFox316 wrote:
AsianAvenger, we need your report, buddy.
At 17:15:32, SilverFox316 wrote:
Okay, apparently AsianAvenger was descended from Hong Xiuquan. Any volunteers to go back and stop him from negating his own existence?
At 09:14:44, SilverFox316 wrote:
At 09:47:13, BarracksRoomLawyer wrote:
Point of order: this discussion belongs in the Qing Dynasty forum. We're adults; can we keep sight of what's important around here?
February 10, 2010
February 09, 2010
February 08, 2010
Okay, so get this. There was a convention of the Tea Party which is for fiscal responsibility in government. Sarah Palin gave a great speech. This has caused the MSM to become unglued.