April 02, 2010

Week 1 of 10

There is a compulsion I have to get something to eat. I am not sure of the cause, I do not really care. There is a point were the choice of getting something or not comes into play.

Taking stock as to what to eat and why at this particular time is the assessment that I need to make. My High School friend Jack had devised a weight loss system that finally made sense to me. It was based on the simple concept that if you eat too much you gain weight. I recall my greatest weight being as high as 287. It is entirely possible it was higher then that, as I do not weigh myself that often. The weight was slowly put on over the course of 20 years.

After some dismal half attempts, I joined my wifes Weight Loss Club TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and almost magically dropped down to 250. Then started creeping up to 265. That was a fairly static weight until last year.

Take your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR), which is a calculation of how many calories your body burns in a day. I used the sedentary modifier. For each 500 calories per day you eat\burn per day, that is below that RMR. You will loose a pound.

I stared off with great gusto, lopping a good 1000 to 600 calories per day and putting in a good hours walk (over 400 calories burned). Over the summer and into the fall my weight dropped down to 198.

I did get quite a few accolades and some concerns. Around this point I stopped being as willful. I started choosing the compulsion. So my weight started creeping back up as high as 212.

Last week I geared my mindset to go into a 10 week period of weight loss. I weighed in last night at 207 which is a good start. My average daily intake is 1500 calories.

My RMR for my goal weight is 1890 Calories per day.

Now to keep making better choices in regards to compulsion. Week 1 of 10 done.

No comments: