November 13, 2006

WoWzers

I am a gamer. I like to game. What I enjoy most about games is the interaction with people. The Gamer group I enjoy interacting the most with is my wife Tina and boyhood buddies Shoo and Rob of the Family George (see links to the right) .

The games go back to Imaginary play with Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs and Legos etc. Paper and Pencil games followed D&D, AD&D (yes there is a difference), Paranoia, Gurps, Star Wars, Traveller, Phoenix Command etc.

Nowadays due to time and distance (Shoo and Robert live miles from each other in West coast traffic), we play MMOPRGs online. Last night we started up World of Warcraft (WoW)

We opted for Hoard and added Robs son and Shoo's Brother into the mix. The first night was fun and mostly around getting everyone online and in the same area around the same level. next up is trying some quests. Hopefully some real bad ass stuff.

We played City of Heroes and the great thing is we tend to know and trust each others gameplay abilities. Its good to know someone has your back. Periodically we would have a straggler join our group only to be freaked out at the level of the bad guys we were fighting. Only to find out we were more then capable of kicking butt.

I expect this trend to continue in WoW. There is a place called WarSong Gulch that I really cannot wait to try out with this band.

So if your ever in Azeroth and find yourself in Warsong and getting your Alliance corpse pwnd. Betcha its us...

2 comments:

- Rob said...

You forgot dinosaurs. You had the coolest set of dinosaurs I had ever seen. I remember many fun days "role playing" with G and Shortstop (our genius dinosaur heroes for everyone else).

Unknown said...

LOL, Big flash of memories there.