December 20, 2007

Holiday Blues?

Ever feel like your just off balance in the spiritual sense?

For the last few weeks I have this feeling I am disassociated with life in general. My new job has something to do with this. As I went from a "show-up-do-the-job-leave" to a "Your-responsible-for-190-employee workstations" situation.

Things are becomming more stable here, so less time spent in work. Still I am pulling about 50 hours this week.

I think its more then the job though. As I often find myself, after work, stitting wondering what to do.

Ah well, maybe more vitamin D (thats the lack of sun one?)

2 comments:

flyingvan said...

Yeah, vitamin D. Eat spinach and chicken livers.
Maybe you'll appreciate what our Bishop, Robert Brom, says---It's our basic job here on earth to be happy. But, you can't get there through stuff or settling for a lifestyle, only through looking for opportunities to sacrifice for the sake of charity. He says if you settle into a 'comfort zone' your opportunities diminish to nothing. When you break out of this comfort zone through a promotion, new committee, new relationship, whatever---these opportunities flourish. With every promotion your opportunity to help or hurt individuals goes up.
Got a nice email from Robert George. I'm trying to talk him into using our rental cabin at the lake for his girl scout stuff

timmerov said...

sounds like SAD. hits me every year too.