September 16, 2006

Traffic accident

Friday I was in a traffic accident. I was heading up Oak street as it crosses Rose. Rose has a stop sign, Oak does not. A lady in a jeep pulled out infront of me and we smashed into each other. I was alone in the car and aside from my right ankle hurting and my back feeling tweeked I am physically okay.

It's just now everything is messed up. Here is what I predict will happen.

My Truck being in perfect working order is from 1993 it only had 90k miles on it. The price for a truck that old is around 1500.00. The cost of a new truck (we bought this new) is around $16,000. The insurance company is going to say the repair cost is higher then the worth of the truck and they are going to send me a check for about 1000.00.

So, Im out a vehicle and not going to get enough to buy a replacement. On top of that having two teens and two working adults is nigh unworkable with one car.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Tina said...

Well, I'm looking at it from the fact that she hit you on the driver's side, if you had been going a little faster, you might have ended up in the hospital or worse.

I hate that we may need to have another car payment (after going a good 7 years with None to Two is gonna really suck), but I'm extremely happy that you're okay.

:)

ronnwaters said...

Lee
I'm sorry to hear about this. We'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
r