August 10, 2007

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

They say that there is a series of mental processes you go through with a loss. My call center closing was not any different.

One minute I'm helping a customer on the phone, next moment I'm cleaning out my desk. I just grabbed the personal stuff and left. I thought it was acceptance, but it was denial.

Next day it hit me harder and I got some anger and some depression. Prayed a lot, which is your classic bargaining. Weekend was the Anger, Bargaining, Depression bits.

Monday I interviewed for the job I accepted this thursday. Closer to home. Better money and a pretty challanging occupation.

There are bunches of questions about what exactly happened that will never fully be answered. Even though things seem to be working out pretty good (nice bonus from the severence that we dont have to dip into). I'm still not in that acceptance phase.

Anger, Denial, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. There is a great comedy act on that in the 1979 movie All That Jazz. I tried to find that video link but wasnt able too..... yet....

4 comments:

Rocky said...

YEA!!!! Good for you! They are lucky to have you!

As for clips of the "5 stages" thingie, my ATF (All Time Favorite)has to be from WINGS when Lowell goes through all the steps in about 90 seconds.

ronnwaters said...

Yeah!!
Lee, I'm glad you found something so fast. That was scary.
As far as the feelings, I understand. It does take a while for that stuff to unravel its' strangle-hold on your psyche.
Sometimes now I still let myself get POed over getting laid off from a job I hated since a week after I started....
Good luck with your new gig!

Myrna said...

Give it time. You have to get through the 'new kid on the block' part too. They say that major change is stress filled-even when it is chosen and for the better.

Good luck today. We're glad the uncertainty of unemployment has been short term for you.
Love,
Sis

Myrna said...

Can't figure out how to get my "introduction" to say Myrna on your blog vs. Mom and Dad on Crystal's

Ciao caro