September 20, 2010

Selling Pie

It turns out my little Cost Co is pretty good at selling big TV sets. When I say big I am referring to 55" or greater. We have some pretty dynamic people.

For the holiday they moved the pumpkin pie bin up front and are giving out samples, this along with the dollar off coupon (no limit). We are letting people know we can provide for the pumpkin pie needs.

In my group we decided to let people know that we have pie, were the samples are and the coupon information, as they head through our department. It was pretty gratifying to see all the carts with two pies in them.

This was on a Saturday and the next day I learned that we had outsold our "rival" stores. So I allowed myself a small pat on the back.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It's GOOD pie!!! I'm going to bring one for Thanksgiving. The home-made pie will be Lemon Meringue & I'll have Connor help with that :)