So why the disconnect? Simple the ongoing hysteria from the right for the last five years.
From a marine holding an umbrella to every mis-speak or mis-action. The birther nonsense, "you didn't build that" etc.
As an American and practicing Catholic I have any number of concerns about this administration. To whit:
- Its absolute and total love affair with abortion, up to and including support for murdering children who have already been born. In this, it expresses the sole non-negotiable core value of the Dem leadership.
- Its obvious and deep hostility to the Catholic Church, expressed in the HHS Mandate, which aims to tell Catholics “Stay out of our bedrooms” while simultaneously frogmarching us in and forcing us to pay for what is done there. I’m happy to stay out of everybody’ bedroom. But don’t then stick a .45 in my ribs and make me buy your contraceptives for you. Buy your own contraceptives.
- Its utterly arrogant claim to be able to secretly and unilaterally decree the murder of anybody on planet earth it decides is an enemy of the state, including American citizens.
- Its utterly arrogant claim to be able to secretly and unilaterally decree the indefinite detainment of anybody on planet earth it decides is an enemy of the state, including American citizens.
- It is utterly arrogant for the IRS, on Obama’s watch, to be intimidating political enemies with demands that they not protest at abortion clinics and with inquiries into the content of their prayers.
- It is utterly arrogant for the Obama administration DOJ to be leaking information to smear whistleblowers.
- It is utterly arrogant for the Obama Administration to spy on and intimidate the press.