March 03, 2006

Costume Design


City of Heroes has an extensive costume design program. I tend to spend quite a bit of time tweeking my particular look until I deem it worthy. There is a 'radomizer' tool for the creatively challanged or for a much needed inspiriation at times. At lvl's 20, 30 and 40 you get an additional costume slot, there is a quest involved but its fairly easy to do, then you can either update old costumes or create new ones. A simple macro lets you change costumes on the fly. Above you see three of the costumes of my Main Character on Pinnacle, Lady Grasp (lvl 50). A martial artist scrapper with super reflexes.

Going from left to right. This is her original costume, it has since been updated. Leather gear with armbands. The second outfit is more casual and able to blend in with a crowd better. The final one is a true 'superhero' look. I dropped 3 pretty soon after I had created it, but I still like the look.

Her original look I am very fond of due to an apperance in issue 12 of the City of Heroes Comic book. If you look at the bottom just right of center I put in a white arrow that points to her.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I still think that's cool. Like Diana getting Stan Sakai to give her pointers on art on his site.

:)

Rocky said...

I think it's cool too. I've missed the game, but it looks like I'm getting a new notebook that should handke the game.