March 20, 2006

Heroes of PARAGON!!!!

Shoo was unable to attend but Rob, Tina, Darren and I all braved the Hollows and Trolls and Outcasts alike.

I have been able to link up and duet with everyone at one point. Side Kicking is a great CoH feature. Here is how it works. If your character is lvl 10 or above you can invite someone to team up with you and survive nay, excel, despite the level difference. You just invite them to be a side kick and they are suddenly boosted to one level below your prowess. So, lets say your level 20 and your partnered with a lvl 4. The level 4 fights as thought they are lvl 19. They are still limited to whatever attacks they had available at level 4 however. It is a great way to Peek at the content that is comming down the road.

Anyways this episode we learned not to agro the groups around the group you are fighting. We had one nasty round of deaths and through my own click happy fingers. I ended up running back from the hospital instead of resurrecting there on the spot. I opted to get Recall Friend as a power, it is real handy for a healer, you can Teleport people or there bodies from across a zone, or when you see they are in trouble. I had upped my mission slider to the mid level (rugged) and it really did provide for some nice battles.

Team speak is just such a great tool for MMORPG's

Before we logged our 'regular guys' Andrew (robs son) and Darren Side Kicked with Tina and My duet characters (same costume complimentry powers) for some real carnage.

Kaliska and Winatu are two characters based upon trying out many many different characters and finding two that work very well in tandum. A synergy effect. I took the costume from Coyote in Outbreak and followed the native american motif he has.

Kaliska is Miwok Indian for 'coyote chasing deer' Winatu is an native american hero of German 'pulp' Liturature. Went with a Blaster and Controller. Kaliska is a Fire blaster with Ice 2ndary. Winatu is an Earth Controller with Wind 2ndary. So we are invoking the four spirits of Air, water, fire and earth. Typically we attack large mobs, ill lock them into place and slow them while Tina starts up a fire rain and blasts the biggest of the bad guys. If we are fighting a group of 15 bad guys we can take them down with little trouble in an amazing display of elemental chaos... fun... We both took the teleport power for travel and may add Hover to it, cuz its a great combo and good defense. I really like this game.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I like my ice sword when the baddies make it as far as my face.

It makes that cool frosty noise.

Teleport + hover is good. I'm gonna do that too.