August 28, 2006

Jack

Jack died over the weekend, he drowned. He shouldn’t have. I guess its one of the ‘life isn’t fair’ things. If you ever needed proof, there it is.

We met him through our kid’s elementary school. He was very personable and friendly from the start. When he was over he would take the time to say hello to me and my wife and often would engage in conversation. You don’t usually see that in kids. He had a sense of Honor as well, the kind of person who would choose to do what’s right and it would never suprise you.

He was destined to be a great man, you could sense it when you spoke to him. He cared and had a curiosity about who someone was, not just what they did.

I feel a sense of loss that is compounded by empathy for my kids. Of course it pales to what his family is going through.

I am going to miss Jack, we all should…

No comments: