August 29, 2006

Life = Death

The sky was appropriatly overcast and dark this AM when I walked to work. My mind drifted back and forth to various memories and thoughts, mostly about this young life all too soon snuffed out. I am keeping close tabs on my kids today, calling on breaks and listening carefully to what they say. This is one of those lessons that is very important to learn and understand. Death is a part of life if you look around everyone you see headed there, dont forget to look in the mirror as well.

Accept it.

Loss sux. Right now there is a void in future events that Jack would have participated in and its very palpable at the moment. I know from experience those voids will shrink over time, metaphorically.

The sun was bright and the sky was clear and blue during my lunch. My kids sounded more chipper.

It is still going to be a long process, good thing we are here for each other.

No comments: