October 20, 2006

John Harrington NOT Thomas Crappers iinvention


My brand new toilet doesnt flush correctly. I bought American Standard because, according to my pop, they are the best at making shitters...

My pop installed this particular toilet so I know for a fact the installation was professionally done. My pops plumbing prowess is one of those things that are beyond any reproach. Its an absolute.

Anywho, every third flush would evacuate the bowel with that chugging sound. First thing I did was go through the 'trouble shooting' guide cleaverly attached to the inside of the lid. I adjusted the float, the valve, checked for obstructions and verified the water pressure.

Still, the loads would not pass. Okay, next to call tech support... Not exactly the tech support I picture, but, waste removal is something you can get a degree in, so its technology, just too commonplace for us to consider tech over our DVD players and Plazma TV's.

The tech support guy was very nice and we went over various tests and attempts to make the poo go bye bye. Finally he concluded that there was a manufacture defect in the bowl and gave me a RMA number to take back to Lowes.

Toilets are cast and sometimes the casting goes awry and this is undecteable from the exterior. So the flow of water is not maximized for Fecal Removal. So today I pulled up the old John and took it to Lowes got a replacement and installed the new one.

Guess what? Five out of five for flushing. Now I just have to build up a massive bowel movement to give it one final test. So fiber and ex-lax here I come!!

1 comment:

shoo said...

You should post a video of that.