October 25, 2006

World Of Warcraft



I am a MMORPG vetran in quite a number of ways. Starting out in beta of UO I have played or playtested or demo'd several of the genre.
  • Ultima Online (beta tested)
  • Asherons Call (beta tested, played)
  • Asherons Call 2 (beta tested, played)
  • Anarchy Online (beta tested, demo'd)
  • Dark Age of Camalot (demo'd)
  • Dungeons and Dragons Online (beta tested)
  • Matrix Online (beta)
  • Linage (demo'd)
  • Clan Lords (demo'd)
  • City of Heroes (played)
  • Ryzoms (beta)
  • Some space ship one {cannot recall the name but it was cancelled} (beta)
  • World of Warcraft (played)

Currently I am playing World of Warcraft (WoW) along with several million others. From my viewpoint they did thier homework and put together a very well done game.

The races and classes are very diverse. You can play solo or with groups. They have very little 'down time' and eliminated alot of repitition. Most of all it has a wide range of entertainment.

There are standard recognized fantasy elements. Plenty of quests lore and background depth as well.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I like these games for all the wrong reasons.

In AC, I collected dresses & towels. I passed out engraved fezes.

In CoH, I enjoy the trick & treating right now, and all the seasonal events.

In WoW, they also have events that are seasonal & fun.

Leveling? Acquiring L33+ gear? not such a big deal.

But I'm still having fun :)