June 18, 2007

Fathers Day 2007

My Pop is one of those guys that you cant help admiring. Moreso if you are his son. Moreover, once you become a Dad. He is one of the 'The Greatest Generation'. He has faith in God and is a man of his word, honest and hard working. He has a curious nature and is always learning and educating himself. He is a devoted loving husband and family man.

Growing up he was always there, sit down dinners. Taking us to movies. He was my companion through Y-indian guides and a goodly chunck of boy scouting. As typical of a father and son there was stuff I did that he didnt 'get'. He would always listen though, and offer up his own advice in a take it or leave it fashion.

In our youth we are so egocentric, I think that is what leads to us 'kids' being so antagonistic where advice comes in. We do not see the message as much as see the messanger as attacking us. I sure am glad that some of his sage wisdom stuck even if, as a kid, I gave him more lip service then thanks.

So, I look up to this man and try to be like him, fail, and try again. Because thats what he would do.

Happy Fathers Day Pop.

No comments: