June 14, 2007

Unflappable

It's fairly rare for me to not pick up on something quickly.

My wife has a group of Senior Girl Scouts that have been regulars at our household for quite some time. One of the girls was a late addition into the Girl Scout program and was one of those personalities that likes to throw shocking comments out there to get a reaction or to watch said reaction.

However, when she pulled her various attempts she found Tina to take said comments in stride. So much so that Tina was able to redirect the statement or correction in such a ways to cause this particular girl scout pause. I think, this in no small way, allowed this girl to not only continue on with the program but have an accepting outlet for her various life issues that had not existed previously. Sage advice if you will.

Now the thing I had not quickly picked up on was how my Darling better half had become so unflappable. My siblings where quite quick to point out the source...

3 comments:

shoo said...

Hmm, I have no doubts that you have greatly helped trained her unflapability.

keeka said...

hmmmm, I can add to that...I caught some of that unflappability on the sidelines..yeah so you go fast in a car, big deal, try going this fast in an underground garage in LA! Heehee, not many people can shock me either, I just say, "Hey thats nothing, one time my sister's boyfriend/husband did..." they usually say, ..."wow."

Tina said...

Or how about, the lines on the road are just a suggestion - the entire surface is paved, and thus, driveable!

:)