June 13, 2007

Summer movies 2007

I recall in my Teens having a movie to look forward to see nearly every week, during the summer.

The last few summers it has been pretty difficult finding anything worthy of heading out to the theaters for. It is as if Hollywood is afraid of somthing.

All the films I am interested in seeing this time around are sequals.

Spiderman, Harry Potter, Shrek.

The Summer fare I am really looking towards is Doctor Who. And thats on Sci-Fi channel. Oh and with Heroes on summer leave I can start Tivoing '24' again.

I'm dissapointed that Grind House didnt do better. Something like that can make the executives take more chances.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I don't know if I really looked forward to the movies as much as I just went to see anything I was able to see.

Carolyn & I would have our dad drop us off at the Edwards on Westminster, and just hop from one theater to the other. There was probably only one movie in the bunch we really wanted to see - but hey, as long as they didn't kick us out (we kept buying concessions), we were willing to sit in the air conditioning and watch everything from Star Crash to The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane.

But yeah - I'm not all that enthused about movies nowadays. Maybe because we can rent them three months later? Or because they'll show up on TV in a year? It used to be if you missed it in theaters, you missed it forever.

shoo said...

Not looking forward to Fantastic 4?

Unknown said...

They messed up the first one so bad. I hate to see what they do to the surfer.

The Herald saga was a great Kirby & Lee production that probably needed to be re-imaged for todays hollywood.

But, after seeing such great re-creations as X-men I and II (III went a bit askew) and all three spiderman's, not to mention Batman Begins, I was hoping that Marvels Flagship would have had more invested into it.