June 10, 2008

Wotta Weekend

If you check out Tinas Blog you have seen all the Diana accolades around her graduation. Having two kids graduated from High School is quite a milestone for Tina and I, 2007/2008 has been quite a ride, and its not over yet.

As parents we have been getting quite a few kudos as of late, if great kids are a direct result of parenting I suppose its deserved. I would chaulk it up to being very consistant and working as a team.

With the recent passing of Wolfgang, my father-in-law, I found the gathering of family very comfortable and enjoyable. We came together in grief and still celebrated the life of a great man. I really do have love for my in-laws and enjoy the time spent.

On Sunday, my 'side' of the family came to celebrate my daughters graduation. This too struck me as a wonderful time. Seeing the support and commemoration, hearing the laughter and striking up important and trivial conversations with family and friends.

Often you hear horror stories about family's. I am grateful to say those are alien to me. The Lord has seen fit to bless me with wonderful relatives, to which I am humbly grateful.

3 comments:

keeka said...

Well, Lee, you have brought a lot to our table of relatives! Mainly a love of laughter, music(of all types) and well, just the ability to not look at things too seriously. Our family loves you too!

Renee' B. said...

I love you too lEE!!! You two did do a great job at raiging them!! It is great meeting such a practically perfect family. You dont fight in public, kids dont cuss, they have open minds, you laugh a lot, you make others laugh too....i highly enjoy your family and really am glad to have been able to hang around you all!!

Unknown said...

Nae,

We have a tradition of pulling non-related people into our collective family. So consider yourself a part.