September 21, 2009

Fat Head

I'm nearing the 200 pound mark. Which means I weigh less now then when I got married. I had not really thought about the fatty tissue below the scalp. I guess it is obvious, but I was a fat headed guy.

Let me 'splain!

I like hats, I have a really nice Fedora, Fisherman, Russian hunter, Cowboy and a Pork Pie Hat.
I really do not like base ball caps, although I do have and wear them as well.

I wear my Fedora and fisherman's during summer walks to work. The cowboy and Russian during the rain or winter (respectively). Some time ago I found the cowboy and pork pie had shrunk. That is to say, they were smaller from my perspective. So I put them up on a shelf and went on about my business. What I did not realize was my head had grown.

So last week when I knocked the Pork Pie down from its perch I tried it on, only to find it fits wonderfully. This might explain why my river sandal straps do not tighten up enough. I think I should break out my old roller hockey skates...

No comments: