February 14, 2006

Adult Beverage



I'm not a 'Drinking man' by any stretch of the imagination. I have never been drunk I have never had a hangover. I havent woke up not knowing what I did the night before. I have no idea what a 'good buzz' is like.

I attribute my tea totallying to two reasons. 1-I just never had a taste for it. 2-My sister in a very know-it-all manner informed me at the tender age of 13 that in a few years I would be drinking beer and enjoying the gusto... (I showed her).

My wife, Tina, was taken aback when it came up early in our dating that I was a non-drinker. It upset the balance of her universe for about thirty seconds. Add to that my lack of skills with Drug useage. I am just one of those clean cut kind of people that some do not feel exist.

Well in 2005 I found an adult beverage that I enjoy. Mikes Hard Lemonade. 5.2% Alc\Vol malt beverage with natural flavors... yum!

So we are in Canada and my in-laws find out and are both shocked and possibly relieved... not sure on that. Next thing I know a four pack appears. So Im imbibing and I notice that the taste isnt all that good. I wonder if I have aquired a dislike for it. Nope, here is the thing.

In Canada the same bottle of the same product is 7% Alc\Vol and is a Vodka drink. In short its a different product all together. Go figure....

Anyways Enjoy a Mikes and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Tina said...

(we'll have to try some other malt beverages too, to see if he likes those either)