February 20, 2006

Ronald Reagan quote

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
Ronald Reagan

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
Ronald Reagan

I know in my heart that man is good.That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
Ronald Reagan

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit.
Ronald Reagan

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Reagan, Address to the Nation, Jan 16, 1984

1 comment:

keeka said...

As little as I paid attention to politics, I did like this prez.
Looking back it could be because he reminded me a little of my dad...: )