February 13, 2006

City of Heroes


My pastime, currently, is online gaming MMORPG (look it up). My game of choice is City of Heroes.

The best part about playing CoH is that my wife plays too. As our computers face each other it makes for easy teamming. We also have complimentary characters that provide great synergy as well.

This is a picture of my main character, Lady Grasp. Someone had beaten me to the name 'Grasp'... ah well...

The game is based upon superhero genre and takes place in Paragon City RI. You start by desiging a hero and costume from a set of Archtypes. My choice was a 'Scrapper' her main skill is Martial arts and her Secondary skill is Super Reflexes. in CoH speak.. {My AT is MA\SR scrapper} This means she engages in close quarters combat with punches and kicks and is very difficult to hit.

The game has a level 50 cap so once you reach that the only reason to play your main is for special events and or when you really want to kick the crap out of something.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It's true. CoH is a lot of fun. And the character creation is really neat. Trevor spends an hour just figuring out his "look."

Watching the Olympics, our kids are thinking they could come up with better tights than the Olympians wear using the character creation stuff - heh.

My Suella character uses fire/fire, and my scrapper (Mietze) looks like a cat & she's got Wolverine claws - a scrapper.

I recently created a healer, but I'm still getting used to watching other people's health so they don't die too much -heh. It helps a lot to be sitting across from each other while we play so Lee can just say "HEAL!" and then I can save him.

fun fun fun

:)