February 18, 2006

Work blues

On Thursday I was informed that we are going onto manditory overtime for the next week. I work in the Home Sales call center at a big computer company. My personal job is support for a sales team. I fix problems before the order ships. I have actually received quite a few accolades for my work.

Our Call center has both system sales and electronics and accessories teams. My support role is for an E & A team. E & A sells hand held computers, Plasma TV's, Cameras and about 60,000 other items. The E & A team is going to have one hour manditory overy time. The system sales side is having two hours.

My Manager decided the entire support team will be working two hours OT and they will be shadowing thier teams schedules. Well my E & A team are still employed by a company called spherion as a way of testing thier worth without putting them on the major computer companies payroll. The powers that be decided that my E & A team will be moving to system sales for the next two weeks and they will not be working any OT.

No comments: