May 09, 2007

Computer blues

Okay, so I get my new system. It's great works awesome. You should see my DivX copy of Torchwood on it! I had to figure out the damn sound card for teamspeak. Got that done by serendipity.

Now my wifes system is locking up. Add to that one of my kids 'decided' to reboot the system during a windows update.

So, playing with new system hat comes off and IT tech hat goes on.

Booted to safe mode, ran anti-vi, found boot sector issue. Booted to recovery console ran good ole chkdsk /p and repaired. Rebooted. System was running more stable but going on a web browser would crash.

I have IE.7 and could not figure out how to run recovery. Looked it up at MS.com and found the instructions (It was pretty much what I guessed). Nice to have that confirmation.

Now I just need to go try it and see if that resolves the issue. If not I may need to re-load the OS.

1 comment:

Tina said...

On the plus side, it ran WoW just fine, as well as Teamspeak. I can access my documents - most vital for me, my photos.

On the minus side, I can't use my own computer for anything like checking email, blogging, getting the temperature, etc. Connor is really bummed since his favorites are all saved on my account. He can't watch any of his youtube or google videos.

However, there's a good chance he was clicking on stuff at YouTube or VideoGoogle that he shouldn't have, and that may have caused my system the problems in the first place.

I want to work with him to get him used to using his own MSN account. It's all ready to go, he just doesn't use it. Of course, THAT account would have the parental controls on it, so he wouldn't be able to just d/l stuff by accident.

:)