May 01, 2007

New Computer time



Finally looking to replace my old Dell Dimension 8200 system. It's been a peach but has been showing its age quite a bit as of late.




Went the complete route and I am going to send the components down the family line. The wife gets my nifty 19" Digital flat panel and speakers. My son is getting the tower. I am keeping the keyboard and mouse.


Starting off I got a 22" wide aspect Samsung monitor. Killer specs. on this. 1000:1 contrast and a 2 ms response G2G.


System I got is a Dell XPS 700. To start out with it has a 1k power supply. 1066-MHz FSB, Dual Core Processor 1.86. 250 gb SATA. X-Fi sound card 256 nvidea graphics, DVD burner.
It's an SLI compatible motherboard and has plenty of room for additional hard drives and opticals. I got 3GB ram for it and some nice Logitech speakers.
Should be really spiffy! Now to wait till it arrives.


2 comments:

Tina said...

w00t! New monitor for me!

:)

ronnwaters said...

cool!
I hate waiting. I find i hit the ups site constantly till it arrives.