February 22, 2008

Haunting my brain.

So your sitting minding your own business and somehow something sets into motion a song being played internally in your grey matter.

I call this being Haunted.

For about two months I have had the same song in heavy rotation in the auditory cortex. It is far from my normal fare. In so far as I have a 'normal' fare... its by a band named Flyleaf. and its called: I'm So Sick.

When I finally looked up the lyrics I was pleased to see it was cohesive and well matched to the music. It is a darker song.


I will break into your thoughts
With what's written on my heart
I will break, break
I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick
If you want more of this
We can push out, sell out, die out
So you'll shut up
And stay sleeping
With my screaming in your itching ears
I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick
Hear it, I'm screaming it
You're heeding to it now
Hear it! I'm screaming it!
You tremble at this sound
You sink into my clothes
And this invasion
Makes me feel
Worthless, hopeless, sick
I'm so sick,
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss,
Selfishness
I'm so sick
I'm so sick
I'm so sick
Infected with where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss, selfishness
I'm so
I'm so sick
I'm so
I'm so sick

4 comments:

ronnwaters said...

That's a snappy little ditty.
I pretty much switched to instrumentals. I am partial to surf guitar but I listen to lots of manouche (gypsy jazz) and lately fusion.
In part because of lyrics like this bumming me out. Also, I hear talking all day long at work so when I am in my truck or at home, I listen to stuff without lyrics.

If that doesn't work, try this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXCRnkYZNg

flyingvan said...

Ronn----
I gotta send you some music. Can you follow my link to my email address? I probably won't stalk you or anything. Also are you joining us in August?

Anonymous said...

I read the lyrics and thought how interesting...very depressing but seomthing interesting. Me being into music and poetry, the song sounded interesting. I decided i would click on the link but m computer is far from intelleigent and cant read it so i used my new best friend, the greatest invention since checken, google. I listened to the song and extremly enjoyed it! Cassie has quite the voice on her and the song almost makes me feel better...at least i am not sick because of great health care. Their song fully allive is a lot more cheery and still has the zing they seem to radiat. love nae

Anonymous said...

wow i cant type worth a darn...lol...i seem to love the word intelligent huh? anyways hows life? love nae