April 23, 2007

My Grandpa

My Pop's dad was a very interesting fellow. He did things his way. He lived through interesting times. Thanks to a few vacations back east and my Grandfolks heading out to visit I have quite a few fond memories and quite a few stories about them as well.

At one point in time I was in Florida experienceing humidity and swiming in lakes, trying to get the hang of shuffleboard.

I had an interest in performing magic and in talking with Grandpa he revielve that he had seen Houdini perform a straight jacket escape while suspended upsidown from a building.

Wanting a first hand account I pressed him for details. He went on saying there was a large crowd and you could barely see this guy up there squirming around like a worm on a hook then he dropped the jacket. My Grandpa was not sure what all the fuss about this guy (houdini) was.

Pretty much what you would expect from a first hand account of something...

I miss Grandpa. Shoulda talked with him more.

No comments: