April 20, 2007

My mind

As I walk the two miles to work I have 30minutes to myself. So I tend to think. Having no first hand knowledge of how other peoples minds function I can only guess that mine is typical. I go from subject to subject in rapid succession. I get itdea's and store them or discard them as they get thought through.

I gain some insights into subjects, I simplify others and all in all just enjoy the tumult that goes on. Yes, if feels like I am observing my brain at work, Not sure if that makes sense to you or not.

On todays walk I jumped onto the often thunk issue of what I would do with the sudden influx of vast amounts of fundage. The thought occured to purchase homes near mine and give them to my friends, Hopefully setting up an interest bearing account to pay the property tax...

Anyways, having Shoo and Robert as close neighbors has a lot of appeal to me. And nostalgia. The families interacting would be a hoot and just being able to sit around talking over dinner or such would be a blast. Seeing as how I was the one that moved away from where they live I guess its some kind of compensation.

Then my mind goes into the situation from the viewpoint that Rob and Shoo are not just single guys, they are family men with wives and kids. Now I LOVE living in a smaller city (27k). I like the slower pace of life and the sheer amount of nature that we have around us. My question is how thier families would react if suddenly moved into this place. The shopping here is statistically nil compared to the OC. The venues for entertainment as well (we have two movie theaters or 11 screens). Companies here are 'different' as well. Most places dont have employees leave for two weeks to hunt Elk. The schools would be a dramatic change for the kids. There is a lack of diversity but a greater acceptence of people.

2 comments:

shoo said...

I've tried to convince my family to make a lifestyle move, so far with no success. I would personally love to live in a place like Oregon.

Tina said...

Vast amounts of funds coming in to our lives....

I think our house would get revamped as well. Landscaping for the big old yard. New kitchen, great room addition & stuff like that.

I really like our town too. I don't want to deal with the big city stuff anymore. I know the older two kids will enjoy exploring that difference, but I've been there, done that.

I am glad we came here when Trevor & Diana were in First Grade & Kindergarten. I'd never want to move them at this point!