April 16, 2009

What would you think of this man???

Who did more to free the women of Afghanistan from oppression, then anyone?

Who established the first functioning democracy in Islam?

Who contributed more to the fight against AIDS than all of Europe put together?
 (Thus is responsible for the saving of millions of lives in Africa). 

You would equate him with Nazism, call for his demise, refer to him in derogitory fashion at every oppertunity...

The most noxious and rabid smear campaign I've ever witnessed has been against this president.

1 comment:

Bob Keller said...

Lee, You and I must be on the same wavelength. Below is a copy of a comment I posted yesterday on MadMike's blog. Sadly, Mike doesn't realize he is part of the problem, but that is beside the point. I think you will understand what I am trying to say....

To understand the context I was responding to an essay by Arianna Huffington that Mike had reposted (as he often does).

I wrote: I am concerned about the increasing polarization between the left and right in our country and the virtual elimination of genuine dialog.

We are seeing more hate on both sides everyday. And the hatred and vitriol are seeping from the blogosphere and media commentators into the straight news coverage.

I sure haven't found a solution, but I am increasingly concerned....

Arianna builds on the foundation of misconceptions and spin and soon builds an entire wall of distasteful diatribe and slander.

She adds no knowledge, she offers no understanding, there is no olive branch. But neither does a Sean Hannity or a Keith Olbermann or a Glenn Beck. Even my one time idol Rachel Maddow is slipping into the morass of misinformation and slander.

Is there a remote chance of reaching a common ground or a common understanding? Particularly when no one is listening, just ranting.

Just thinking out loud.....