October 21, 2009

Dad Stuff

While I was enjoying my day off I spotted a stave in the yard. That got me to thinking about Connors Halloween costume (toon Link). So I headed off to make him a sword.

I picked out a couple of decent staves (read; no knots) and rough sanded one of them down. Cut a couple of pieces for the cross guard and rough sanded those as well. This is one of those times that having a table belt sander would have been really handy.

I pre-drilled and drywall screwed the contraption together and presented it to Connor.

Which turns out to be the best bit. Connors eyes lit up with excitement as he became Link. Of course he soon asked for the shield. Further the sword needs to be painted.

Thus runs the fleeting heroism that is a Dad.

1 comment:

Tina said...

And Diana & Nori are supposed to come over this weekend and make the sheild. And Trevor is supposed to paint and then scrape the wood on the sword.

I really need to find a light-green long-sleeved T-shirt for him.