October 21, 2009

Pain in the foot.

On my right foot at the base of the Navicular, between the Cuboid and Calcaneus there is an injury of some kind. Yes, I looked up the chart as a means of pinpointing, not to be all snooty about my skillz.

This all seems related to standing on the break during a traffic accident a few years ago. For the longest time I would periodically get a nerve blast of pain from my ankle. That is no longer the case.

This particular injury feels like there is a break deep inside. I know that massaging the connective tissue helps, as does heat. So I think it might be something other then a break. I really do not have any clue.

My thought is to go to a podiatrist and find out. I have already had x-rays, post crash. It seems my recent bike ride flared it up, but I did not notice anything till the next day.

It does not stop me from walking (I have some good new balance shoes). It just makes me wonder if It is going to get worse.

3 comments:

flyingvan said...

Could be plantar fasciitis... A really good stretch for this is, you sit in a chair, grab your foot, and turn it with your hands so you are looking at the bottom of your foot.

Unknown said...

I looked up that diagnosis and from the pictures it looks pretty spot on.

It would be better to see pictures of the stretch. I googled for images of plantar fasciitis stretches but none of them matched.

Also, it kept saying "Heel Pain" which is not really what this is, but I think that is the more common symptom.

Thanks Steve!

flyingvan said...

Maybe I can describe it better, Lee...Sit in a chair with your good foot flat on the floor. Cross your other leg so your calf is resting on your thigh...Hell, I'll send you a picture.