November 29, 2009

How can you tell hes a king?

88 pounds since May. A comment I oft hear is I am now 1/2 the man I was. More accurately but more cumbersome of a statement would be 2/3 the man I was. That in and of itself is a humorous deprecation of my progress. I have found quite a bit of humor in peoples reactions.

The most perplexing contrast is those who comment what great shape I have attained .vs. those who wonder if I have a possibly life threatening illness. Quite the dissimilitude! Either healthy or deathlike by sheer observation!

I am below the 200 pound mark, which is still overweight by all the various algorithmic weight scales I have found.

My TOPS goal weight is a scant 4 pounds away. My mindset body weight is 185. Which is what I weighed when I was in the best shape I can recall. I am tempering my expectations with the reality that I just might not be able to maintain that slim.


I have purged my closet and I am starting to acquire a less rotund attire. Being a size M and tucking in a size XL just does not look good...

4 comments:

keeka said...

Well, all I can say is this...
You look a lot more like the man I met oh some 20+ years ago. We won't go into the individual years.
I am proud of both of you slimmers!
Oh and by the way, you weigh less than Carl now. WOOt!
I hope you are feeling as good as you look Bro!

flyingvan said...

From what I've heard, if you can maintain any particular weight for about a year, your body seems to reprogram itself to maintain that weight---little ups and downs, but tending towards that weight.

Unknown said...

I have a lot of curiosity as to weight and metabolism. There are quite a few "justifications" for body weight that are simply illusions.

I have proven to myself that if you eat below your RMR you loose, above your RMR you gain.

You Steve, have maintained a level of body weight and fitness that has really aided in all your life endeavors.

Renee' B. said...

wow! my husband isnt even that small! heck i am sneaking up to ur goal weight lol! congrats lee! i am proud of u!