November 07, 2009

Raining Ma'am


Twenty-nine or so years ago I bought myself a rain-coat. In the interest of full disclosure I wanted a long black coat, and found one at Banana Republic that filled that particular want.

The picture here is close except mine is black in color. This was probably one of the more expensive items of clothing I have ever purchased. It was listed at $189.00 and I got it at $149.00 on sale.

This means about $5.00 a year and dropping. While using it as a rain coat in Southern California is fairly laughable. Using it as a raincoat in Oregon is quite handy. (It rains here).

It doubles as a great Halloween costume with an appropriate mask as well. So it is a multi-use garment. I got a nice Balley cowboy hat a few years back, basic black as well. With the two of them I stride the inclement weather quite dry.


2 comments:

keeka said...

very nice. I remember that one.
You wore it when you dressed up as Darkman? Correct?

Tina said...

Yup - and when he wore the super-scary skull mask in the haunted house here... it's a multi-purpose coat!