January 12, 2007

Ice driving

Water in its solid form is amazingly dangerous. With my new vehicle I can traverse most ice in town easily enough. The danger comes from others who either cannot or do not take the conditions into account. Having a set of snow tires does not mean you understand the physical dynamics of driving on the stuff.

As such this AM I set out to head to work down our hill. I walked out and tested my shoes traction on the blacktop and was satisfied it was less then an icerink. I proceeded with caution, and used the brakes early.

I only had a couple of tire spins. I was more concerned with staying away from the other cars so as not to risk those drivers not using the same caution.

1 comment:

shoo said...

I love driving on ice because you can make a U turn without changing lanes.