August 03, 2008

Indian Food

Garlic flake pict.
I found I enjoy the Cuisine of India. There is one resturant in Kelowna BC that I am particularly fond. So I periodically look for something I can cook here at home.

I recently added a gadget to my igoogle page to search out veggie Indian recepies.

I came across this gem called Onion Chutney. Seeing as how I am a fan of Maui onions I looked at the ingrediants:

onions - 6 to 8 (No problem, I can just get 6 big maui's)


tomatos - 3 (Get three nice ripe ones)


red chillies - 8 to 10 (indian Chili's are thin, red and usually dried. Flakes can work)


garlic - 5 to 5 flakes minced (um... Garlic flakes... quick google search finds them:


corainder - 1/2 bunch (easy)

comin seeds - 1 tsb (cumin??)

gingly oil - 1/4 cup (wtf? oh Sesame oil. whew)

Now instructions: Fry the cumin seeds and onions until onions become transparent.Then fry the tomatos until it is well cooked.Now switch of the gas and allow it to cool little bit.Now add the red chillies, garlic, coriander leaves, salt and little bit of water.
This chutney should not be loosy. If it is too spicy add little bit of oil.

If I can just make sure the Chutney is not loosy I'm good to go.




http://www.ivu.org/recipes/indian-chutney/vidhya-p.html

1 comment:

keeka said...

hmmmm, sounds very interesting..nothing I would eat, but..interesting. Loosy...would that be like...too liquid or just sheesh, I can't even think of what that would actually translate to!
Nice hobby though, Lee! Sounds like you found something that is interesting to you and healthy for those in your family who will eat it! I know at least you, Tina and possibly Diana will taste test!