November 03, 2008

Grammar Police.

Just in case you have not yet realized it, this is a casual Internet blog about various thoughts and opinions that I write out with haste.

It is not a scholarly journal, term paper, or a literary work of any importance. Not something thats graded by an English teacher.

These are usually written on the cuff, quick, down and dirty. It is simply a laid back online blog for people to read and post comments. I welcome all but the profane and passive agressive. I personally find it obnoxious when someone "corrects" spelling or grammar unbidden. You know what I mean, so why do you feel the need to prove how smart you think you are?

I'm not impressed.

Do you correct the speech of those around you? I hope not, because it only makes you come off as pompous and condescending. Almost no one speaks true, proper English. Our dialect is casual. Get over yourself. Would a quick read through, spell check , preview hurt before posting? Of course not. But is it really that important? No, it isn't.

4 comments:

shoo said...

"Of course not." is a centence fragent.

Tina said...

"I speak Eenglish very good.

I learned it from a book."

The Moose on Fawlty Towers (well, actually it was Manuel, but it seemed like the moose).

Marybo said...

http://picnicface.com/videos.php?videoID=35


i love picnicace.
they make me smile.

Marybo said...

http://picnicface.com/videos.php?videoID=35


i love picnicace.
they make me smile.