November 03, 2008

Great Election Quotes

Take it from me--elections matter. -- Al Gore

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. -- George Eliot

I'm older than dirt, I've got more scars than Frankenstein, but I've learned a few things along the way.-- John McCain

Washington, D.C., is to lying what Wisconsin is to cheese.-- Dennis Miller

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies.-- Groucho Marx

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad name.-- Henry Kissinger

Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason we have elections is to find out if the polls were right?-- Robert Orben, humorist

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the cornfield.-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ideas are great arrows, but there has to be a bow. And politics is the bow of idealism.-- Bill MoyersEverybody knows politics is a contact sport.-- Barack Obama

To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government.-- Mark Twain

The politician is trained in the art of inexactitude. His words tend to be blunt or rounded because if they have a cutting edge they may later return to wound him.-- Edward R. Murrow

Thanks to Readers Digest http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/12-great-election-quotes/article104385.html?trkid=RINL2006

1 comment:

flyingvan said...

True quote---"Steve, how are you voting on Prop 8?" "I'm voting 'Yes'". "That's because you are ignorant" "What information am I missing?" "I dunno. All I know is, You are ignorant"

For someone to tell me all they knew was I'm ignorant got a laugh.