January 20, 2009

Dreams of Martin Luthur King Jr.

In 1963 a baptist minister gave a speech about his dream for America and the promise of Freedom and Equality.

  • I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"
  • "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
  • "I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood."
While we have made such long strides since that day, I still feel sad that we are so far from being a color-blind society.  My mom and pop raised me to look past the accent, skin color and clothing.  My best friends dad taught me that a wheelchair or other handicap aiding device was no measure of a man.

The MSM has been touting President Obama's ethnic background, instead of touting the content of his character, who he is, what he has done to win the hearts and minds of the American public and ascend to the position of the most powerful mortal on the planet.

3 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

The MSM has been touting President Obama's ethnic background, instead of touting the content of his character... While it's true that an African-American was elected president is an historic occasion; that MSM keeps focusing on the color of his skin is bigotry.

Stella by Starlight said...

Your post inspired me, so I cross-posted your comments, crediting and linking to you. If you are uncomfortable with my doing this, please let me know, and I'll remove the post immediately.

I hope you don't mind.

Unknown said...

I am not uncomfortable with that at all. On the contrary, I am quite flattered and honored.