March 12, 2011

Helmet laws

Lets say our government releases some report that gives you information about making safer choices. I could deliberate on the sourcing and funding etc. Overall I do not see that as a bad thing.

Likewise, if an industry adopts a standard for safety equipment, and the government uses this standard to enforce that industry. I see that as a good thing.

When the Government says you no longer have a choice, but to use this safety equipment in your private life. I feel that crosses a line. Yes, I see the merit.

Bike helmets provide some crash protection and allow a good field of visibility. I have the choice of wearing one or not. I choose to wear one. I believe that a good field of vision and adequate devices that make YOU visible upon said bike. Are superior protection to the helmet.

So when I see people on bikes with motor cycle style full helms I feel that are relying too much on one safety device...

If that makes sense.

No comments: