October 15, 2008

Why Hate?

Dictionary.net: To have a great aversion to, with a strong desire that evil should befall the person toward whom the feeling is directed.

My Mom and Pop did not allow the term hate to be associated to a person without cause. I could not hate my teacher. I could hate the homework.

Cause would be hating someone who stole my bike. Or hating Hitler for having killed six million people.

So I keep reading more and more people of note saying they Hate Sarah Palin. While I can see someone not liking or not understanding her positions on issues, I just cannot wrap my head around personal hatred towards her. Or, is it sexism?

Then take Obama, when anyone states hatred towards him it is defined racism. Or the idea that someone would hate him is offensive.

Leave your hatred elsewhere for things and people that are deserving. Leave Propaganda out of discourse.

Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who are the "people of note" who say they hate Sarah Palin?