May 31, 2009

The dieting blues

First off my wife and our TOPS club is amazingly supportive.  Even my blogger friends are great support as well.

On 3/9/2009 I started loosing weight after a great conversation with an old friend.  By 5/1/2009 I had created a 69,472 calorie debt in my food consumption.  That is just under 20 pounds of loss in eight weeks.

Now I am five weeks into my next set.  The original was very restrictive calorie wise.  24,006 deficit so far. Which is 6.8 pounds of loss. 

When your tracking your calories, odd things happen.  Food takes on it own personality and agenda.  You find yourself stopping to grab something and wondering how many calories is this and how will you compensate for it later.  Also, diet drinks occupy a more important spot in your gastronomic day, giving that full flavor with no calories to jot down.

At one point you really want to say "screw this" and go get something that will break the bank.  If you give in, you will feel bad and if you dont give in you can end up with the blues.

There are lots of positives about loosing unhealthy weight, blood sugars normalize, you reduce the strain on your internal systems  (heart, joints, etc.).  You can just google benifits of weight loss to get a listing.

And yet, a large frito pie would be just wonderful about now.  *sigh*


4 comments:

keeka said...

For someone who never previously struggled with weight, now I find if I eat too many carbs my tummy pooches over my pants and I get a bit down. I tend to lose more weight in the summer months because I don't eat a lot when it is hot. Smoothies are my food of choice and if I add yogurt and spinach leaves I have a healthy meal. I do the same for my kids!
My latest problem was making a yummy pasta salad that i made for a Memorial Day bbq and not much got eaten. I love it so I eat it for lunch every day. Bad idea.
When it is gone I will have to cut my carbs in half to get back to where I was. So no bread or pasta for a while. sigh...so i am right there with you!

keeka said...

of course the cookies and peanut butter m&m's don't help either!

Tina said...

I feel if want to cheat, it had better be damn good to cost me those calories!

Like that DQ sundae we got - it was NOT worth the 405 calories for half of it :(

I should have taken the dipped cone...

flyingvan said...

Best advice I ever got---If I'm craving ice cream, don't feel like I have to earn it by eating dinner first; just have ice cream for dinner and be done.