May 28, 2009

AC story I recalled.

The first massive online game I got involved in was Asherons Call.  It was truely an immersive environment. While I enjoy the World of Warcraft, AC holds  a special place in my heart.

I was reminded of a funny story involving my blog link mate, Shoo, though it needs a little background info first...

The fantastic world of Dereth was populated with three races, Aluvians, Gharu'ndim, and Sho.  As a player you choose one of the three human races to being your epic.

There were many different skills and pretty much everyone used magic.  The items or gear aquired would greatly enhance you gameplay.  One of the sources for the better gear was chests deep inside dangerous dungeions

It was not unusual for an adventurer to fight his way down to the deepest recesses of some dark tomb and wait for the chest to re-appear over and over again, waiting for that one item that would make a difference.

Anyways, Shoo was a member of the same guild I was, The Silver Citadel.  We had a website and forums to ask and bestow interesting bits of knowledge upon.  One day Shoo posted a query: "Who has the better chest, Aluvians, Gharu'ndim, or Sho?"

As we had a number of actual female players the answer came back much different then intended.  One posted that Sho women have fine supple chests, not like the disproportionate Aluvians. and so on.

I could only imagine Shoo's confused face for that microsecond prior to the understanding grin.

No comments: