May 13, 2009

Mothers day meal time

In Eugene Oregon there is a restaurant called The Oregon Electric Station.  Inside you have train cars converted into dinning rooms.  It has a great atmosphere and Connor enjoyed looking out the window at the other customers... *ahem* and saying train related things to them...

Tina had been here a couple of times, she had attempted to go the previous weekend but it was closed.  Being mothers day and being in Eugene I made reservations to dine.  

I had always wanted to go there and it seemed like a good fit. The interior was fine the waitress was prompt, but not in a great mood apparently.  Still she was professional.  The starters arrived in good time and tasted good.  The bread was fresh and hot and delicious as well (even if they were hot due to the microwave).  The salad was bagged greens with some rather dried out cucumber.  However the blue-cheese dressing was excellent, almost a stark contrast.

Then came the main meal, I had vegetable ravioli.  I am not sure if it was good or not, it had been smothered in a red sauce that was not lacking in garlic.  The people from Gilroy CA would complain about the amount.  It totally overpowered the ravioli, which is a shame, as they looked like they could have been delicious with a more lighter treatment.   Diana had the Alfredo which was a very bland sauce with overcooked noodles.  I suspect the sauce was not made fresh.

My dessert was exceptional though, I got an apple pie, it was just the right amount of sweet and the apples a smack of tart.  Diana got a cheese cake, which tasted like it had been dried out in the fridge a day too long.  Tina had a frozen mocha cake that was equal to my apple pie.

Lots of lazy cooking for a "fine dining" restaurant with that high of prices.  I probably will not be back.

1 comment:

Tina said...

You know, if I had thought about it, we could have had Diana catch a ride with Jenna next door. I noticed she came home for Mother's Day. Then we could have seen the movie here & gone to Alexanders instead.

Next year...

Altho we would have missed seeing Jeff & Amber's new place. So - it all worked out :)