May 15, 2009

On going fixing of the abuse

My Planet now hugs me with a mere 225 pounds of force.  This is due to my eating less and exercising more.

Exercize is problematic.  It is something I require of myself, yet finding the motivation to crank out 50 Hindu pushups and Squats daunts me.

So far doing them throught the day in smaller sets, has worked somewhat.  I am not happy with the progression.

In the past I have found my preferred method was doing something that obliquely exercised.  Such as playing roller hockey.

The rink is now used for basketball by the Boys and Girls club with the boards half removed.  Most of the players have moved on to other places.

Aside from building an ice rink, I am pretty sure getting another hockey venue together would complicate things much more then I want, need or require.  

So I am considering bicycling and rollerblading.  I have a nice mountain bike that is in need of some basic maintenance.  We have some pretty nice stretches of road that I could tour as well.

Roller Blading is something I would need to look into more.  I would need to invest in a pair of skates, as my hockey skates are NOT designed for any kind of long distance skating, add to that the asphalt needs bigger wheels then my frames will allow. 

Running is something I can do with minimum of equipment. However, I am looking out for my knees.  

So what is your exercise methodology?

2 comments:

flyingvan said...

Every single day, do SOMETHING that gets my pulse into the triple digits and keeps it there for an hour. At work, sometimes it's fastwalk with the 50 pound pack vest. At home, it might be mixing concrete or stacking lumber. If I remind myself to work hard enough to sustain a fast pulse rate, it's real exercise.

Tina said...

Looks like it's working for you, Steve :)

I am pretty good about getting a decent bike ride in on my stationary bike at least 3x a week.

Lately I've been thinking I should actually drop a few more pounds, so I'll be trying to get in more bike time.

With summer coming up and less hours at school, I should be able to manage this :)

I don't know where my heart rate lands, but I log the calories burned & miles & time.

:)