Recently there was a story about a mom and her daughters. She was told by her doctor that her kids were over weight via the BMI. She changed their diet and activities so they consumed less calories, still maintaining quality and became more active. This enabled her to get her kids in a "healthier" condition.
This mom believes that the government should do the following:
- Issue an executive order demanding that all executive branch agencies consider the impact of major federal legislation on the obesity epidemic, similar to the Environmental Justice Executive Order of 1994.
- Impose federal taxes, both sales and excise, on purchases of unhealthy foods and beverages and earmark the revenue for obesity programs.
- Prohibit and remove all commercial promotion of food in schools and educational settings receiving federal funds.
- Provide funding through the 2009 reauthorization of the federal Child Nutrition Bill to establish a garden in every school.
- Establish strict federal regulations limiting food and beverage advertising to children, including the Internet.
This massive amount of Government growth, mandate and expense is the only way a mom could make better food choices for her kids and have them more active....
Oh, who is this woman? The First Lady...
Translated: You are too stupid to take healthy care of your kids...