July 15, 2009

Bisecting the Bicycle

Last weekend I had a period of four days were I went over my self imposed calories by a considerable margin.

I actually ate above my (reseting metabolic rate) RMR, for a four day period of time. Being the agent of change of my gravitational field, I opted for some extended calorie burning.

Monday, Connor has special olympics day camp. Rather then have him head to work with Tina and be bussed from there. We hooked up the swing bike and rode the three something miles. After I got him situated with his partners, I had been charged with some computer repair work at our church. Anita was not at the church but would return. The swing bike is not great for solo riding as it bounces something fierce with every bump. Tina's work is about a mile away so I headed down the road and stored the swing in her van and dropped of Connors helmet.

Tina had set up the computer repair and somehow I did not get the time, so I was not expected for another 1/2 hour. So I took the oppertunity to ride one time around our city park. This is about a three mile course. After which I spied on Connor's day. He was having a great time. I got the computer fixed up and rode the three miles back home. Approx 12 mile bike ride.

Or 600 calories burned. That makes for a nice dip in the week calorie wise and as a bonus a good feeling, mostly because it was quite a bit of fun riding around, something that has not been that much fun.

In otherwords riding a bike at 210 lbs is much more enjoyable then riding the same bike at 260 lbs.

No comments: