July 04, 2009

The Joyfulness of Being.

At work it in not uncommon to hear how grumpy my co-workers kids are in the morning. Which, of course, gives me the chance to chat up my own Connor. What is a better way to start the day then with an Otter-pop, in your PJ's on your Trampoline? This kid is an overflowing vessel of joy, and an infectious one at that.

While I was paying the electrical bill this am, he cheerfully poked his head around the doorway and sing song asked "Daddy, I need some scissors", immediately followed by his happy humming and running off. (you need to cut the top off an Otter Pop to get at all that frozen goodness, you see...)

I located my magical vanishing shears (they are supposed to live in my desk drawer, but for some reason they leave and hide), cut off the top and watch Connor vanish out the back door.

Curiously I peered out back to see him happily enjoying his treat followed by some bouncing. Pre-Coffee smiles here...


No comments: