July 21, 2009

Bizzarro World?

I feel that I am living in Bizzarro world. There is so much weird stuff going on, and it sort of explains itself.

Lets start with Joe Bidens take on fiscal responsibility: “Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’”

Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.

The push by Obama for the Government take over of health care was given a "no thanks" by the Mayo Clinic. Good luck finding that on the news. Then the Zogby polling (that seems to follow with workplace scuttlebutt), "By a 50-42 margin, Americans oppose the House of Representatives' bill introduced July 14".
This is a 1200 page bill that few have read and what is coming out is not sounding like reform.

I wonder if no confidence in the government doing anything efficently has to do with the failed pork filled stimulus and horridly corrupted TARP?
I'm sure of course with Health Care they will do everything better?

Walter Cronkite passed away and with the memorials and remembrances there is a strong attempt to re-write his Liberal Bias that was well known and documented.
There was quite a bit to reflect on Mr. Cronkite's career, being unbiased is not one of them.

Which brings up fallen comic Janeane Garofalo, with this Bizzarro quote "I mean there is almost no liberal outlet for news commentary or editorializing."
I guess, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC are just too far Right for her?

Lastly,
I keep reading, from the left, how Fox News is a horridly biased media outlet that is extreme and it should be censored and pulled off the air.
How do you account for the popularity?
I turn off news items that are not-interesting or irksome and offensive. For broadcast news I am far more interested in my local stationl. Consider that the bulk of peoples do not really care about the political landscape. Most of the newswatching is to see what is happening outside our bubble.

CNN – 573,000 viewers
MSNBC –343,000 viewers
CNBC – 179,000 viewers

Popularity is not a measure of quality, Longevity is! FNC has both. What is popular is mainstream.

(Note here, Rush Limbaugh has an audience between 14.25 million and 25 million)

No comments: