July 17, 2009

My funny work week

I am working Wednesdays through Saturdays now. It is all part of our wonderful fit the work to the budget plan at the Library.

Just to recap, I found out that public entities require any given budget amount to function. No matter how little or how much money you provide they grow or shrink to fit that budget. If you ask a public manager how much his operational costs are he will stare and blink at your unfathomable request.

I actually like Mondays off. There are lots of things you can do without weekenders frantically running about and clogging up traffic ateries (even in Roseburg, we can get heavy traffic on Garden Valley). I also like the ability to have a doctors appointment or Red Cross blood drive and not take away from work time.

All in all I would prefer to have the hours back.

No comments: