July 10, 2009

Rocking the M word

On the 20th of August My wife (Tina) and I will celebrate 22 years of marital bliss. In other words our marriage can now drink adult beverages or something like that. I am told that 20+ is a noteworthy when it comes to nuptials. Coming from a family that has had a majority of 50+ being in the twenties feels diminished. If you add our dating years 5+ to that 20+ I have been hanging around with her for over half my life. Which I think is really cool. You could say we are a good match\team\duo\coupling\subset or whatever. Often have I marveled at how the lines of peoples life journeys cross in the ebb and flow, how a series of unrelated events can, in hindsight form a pattern of fate. Serendipity, is one of my favorite words. I can easily define my life in two, before I met Tina and after. When you get that "if you could go back and do over" question, I have to leave my life before I met Tina totally in tact for fear of not meeting her. I love you hon.

5 comments:

flyingvan said...

Congrats, and thanks. There is no better gift two people can give to their community than a stable marriage.

Tina said...

Thanks sweetie. I wouldn't change a thing either pre-meeting you.

Afterwards? Wouldn't have bought the damn condo. We're agreed on that tho.

keeka said...

Wow, you guys are old! Hehe, just kidding. Tina, you still look younger than me and Lee, you are still way too funny for words! Enjoy your Anniversary!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Tina is younger then I am.

You however, have no such disclaimer eh?

Tina said...

That was a run-on sentence. She meant you are still funny - not that you look younger than me.

Thanks for the compliment, Carolyn - Don't look too close - there are plenty of wrinkles! At least they are mostly laugh lines!